Well...I think it should be pretty obvious to me that for every time I whine (as I have been doing a lot of this week), God decides to kick me in the rear and let me know He's only going to let me dwell for so long. I've always been pretty easily motivated by guilt and embarrasment (or trying to avoid it), so what better way to remind me that I have lots of things to be happy for than to have some sweet mom send me a Happy award?? Jill, mom to precious Chase and Emma, sent me this and well, looking at some of my recent posts, I'm not so sure I deserve it, but am very grateful nonetheless. Thank you, Jill!!!
The rules of this award are:
1. copy and paste the award on your blog.
2. list who gave the award to you and use a link to his/her blog (or hyperlink).
3. list 10 things that make you happy.
4. pass the award on to other bloggers and visit their blog to let them know about the award.
Sooo.....Ten things that make me happy? Let's see....no order of degree here--
2. Perfectly timed songs--songs that tell me that God is there and that keep playing over and over in my head.
3. The word Maranatha! Used to be very ritualistically said by me at the end of each church sevice. Not so much ritualistic any more!
4. Beautiful flowers.
5. Amazing people in my life--family, in the flesh friends, online friends, church friends, school friends, doctors who take care of me, 'strangers' who cry with me and support me...I will never, ever cease to be amazed at how many people have touched my heart and continue to do so on a regular basis.
6. Special Christmas ornaments.
7. My silly dog. Okay, dogs, I guess, since it seems like we are definitely keeping Sam.
8. Laughing. I love laughing. I love to laugh. I miss that.
9. Ice cream cake.
10. Matthew! Being Matthew's mother. Every kick he gave me, every piece of chocolate cake I craved...Matthew makes me happy.
The rules say to pass this award on to other bloggers, and I know I should because I won't lie, it IS a nice little pick-me-up! But just look at the list of blogs that I read!!! I am honored to 'know' each of their stories and think they are ALL amazing. Please, please, please...if you are over there ================> and want an opportunity to just think about what makes you happy, then please take that button up there and run! I can't wait to read about all of the other happies!!!