Dear President Obama,
Here is a list of the first ten things you should do as president:
1. Fly to the White House in a helicopter. (Oh, friend, he will SURELY do that. And, at the risk of sounding biased, it will be a WONDERFUL Marine who pilots that helicopter!)
2. Walk in. (Loving this girl. Very specific in her directions. She'll make a great wife.)
3. Wipe feet.(Of COURSE! Can't have mud in the oval office, can we???)
4. Walk to the Oval Office. (Honestly, walking is overrated. You're the president...I say go for the hover-craft.)
5. Sit down in a chair (Here's what I love...little Chandler is giving him options. Doesn't want to sound TOO bossy, so she gives him chair choice. I'd say sit in the one behind the big desk, but that's just me.)
6. Put hand sanitizer on hands. (This girl ROCKS! I mean, seriously. Do you KNOW how dirty those helicopters are? NOT TO MENTION that as President, you are stuck shaking a lot of hands. It is cold and flu season, baby. SANITIZE!!)
7. Enjoy moment. (Ohhhhh....SO my kind of girl! Structured enjoyment. Digging it...digging it!)
8. Get up. (Enjoyment's up, pal. Worlds to save and all...)
9. Get in car. (That would be the mack-daddy car you now are going to be driven around in 24-7. No more driving for you!)
10. Go to the dog pound. (And buddy, make good on that promise! In fact, I am fostering the sweetest, most gentle, kind and loving Golden Retriever...he'd make the BEST First Dog. Seriously.)
Sincerely,Chandler Browne, age 12, Chicago
Now, as the kid's name is Chandler, the possibility exists that this is a boy and not a girl. But come on! Wipe feet? Sanitize hands? Give step by step directions that even a man (yes, even the male president) cannot possibly foul up? That REEKS of the Double X chromosomes, my friend...REEKS.
Another letter came in the form of one from my agency. Apparently, Kyrgyz is moving, but slowly. We may want to think about a different country if we are uncomfortable with the wait.
REALLY? I had no idea.
What the heck? Luckily, there is another agency with a wonderful handle on the situation and I have been fortunate enough to be included with emails from said agency. THEREFORE, the email today was sort of insult to injury. What other country? What other country would be faster than waiting for Kyrgyz? I mean, I'm feeling like Kyrgyz will be another YEAR or more anyway, so really...the wait is going to be everywhere. In any event, I thankfully am about 27 steps ahead of my agency, but I thanks anyway. I know, sarcastic, but really....come on.
And as for phone calls? Well, Dr. K's nurse called today and told me that I needed to schedule a follow-up with him for Tuesday. Why? Well, odds are he is signing off on the IVF acceptance and we need to meet to discuss the next steps. Well, okay then! Looks like we'll start in February. My birthday is March 7. Wouldn't two pink lines be a great birthday gift???