Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Raindrops are falling on my head...

Tonight we are in a flood watch. Of course. That means we will probably have indoor recess tomorrow. It has been a long day, and I anticipate tomorrow will be longer with our standardized testing (6 days worth) starting and an observation and an after school program...I'm tired just thinking about it. If it weren't for me needing (ha ha) to watch American Idol tonight, I would just go tuck myself in right now.

I DID get our marriage licenses, little thanks to UPS. We also got our checklist from Adoption Ark and I am happily checking little things off the list. Talked with A from Adoption Ark and found out there are 25 families (of which we are one) in the Kyrgz program with them. When we get our dossier in, she will be able to give us a frame of where we are , etc...still have a little bit of time, though. I also asked about the reality of siblings, usually one is much older. I'm pretty torn about that, only because I really believe in the developmental milestones in those first pivotal years, so I don't know how willing I would be to tackle things I didn't have to tackle. I know that it's never a guarantee for ANY child, regardless, but...in any event, A said we would keep the more than one child path open. She said lots of people do back to back adoptions. Don't think that will fit in the budget. KGB will have to go to college one day and it may be her fund that we'd kill if we did back to backs! So...checklist, here I come!

1 comment:

  1. Is it possible to adopt two non- siblings? I know that Shea did that with her agency. (She has a blog tapsalteerie) You save a LOT by doing that than back to back. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete