Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Lots accomplished!!

WHEW! What a great couple of days for getting things done! Amazing how when I DO let go and let God--He sure does some nice work! We got the letter from the USCIS office on Saturday that they had our application and we had to go in and get fingerprinted. There was no appointment, just said to come in within 120 days. I called today to be sure about that because the website says you need an appointment, but after talking to Gina (who gave me her badge number) and emailing and getting a response from someone at the Fallon Building in Baltimore telling me I DON'T need an appointment, we are heading up there this Saturday! Yesterday I ran all over the place with errands (LOVING SPRING BREAK!) and paid the Environmental Office for their inspection. On my way there, I got a hold of the Fire Marshall's office, who did have our application, and lo and behold, had an inspection scheduled for this morning in my very neighborhood--did I want him to come that quickly? You betcha! Then, today as I was driving to school (yes, I went in..got a lot done that I wouldn't otherwise) the environmental office guy called and asked if he could come tomorrow mid-day!! When I paid the lady yesterday, she said I probably wouldn't hear from him until the end of the week at the earliest! Ha ha. Little did she know! The best part of all the checklisting is that yesterday, I went into DEERS to have them sign the paper saying KGB would be covered when adopted. This was one I was really dreading. Now, I won't lie and say I didn't have to drive all over (and off and then on again) the base to find the building, but when I did, it took LESS THAN FIVE MINUTES to get the paper signed and I was done! HOORAY! That's practically unheard of.

Now...for the obstacles. I did call our caseworker because the checklists have been less than easily deciphered and M and I wanted to get a better picture of what we were supposed to do. So, I clarified several things and even alerted her to the fact that she did not send out some paperwork she kept telling me she had. Only when we sat in front of our computers, simultaneously, and looked at each email to and from her, did she realize she hadn't. I have to say that I feel a lot better because M and I thought we might be going crazy looking for that paperwork. We also talked about the medical. The dreaded medical. We have to do medical bloodwork and paperwork for the homestudy, but she advised us to WAIT until we had our homestudy done and sent in to USCIS to do the agency medical and bloodwork because it expires after 6 months. This means that there is a good chance we will have to do the bloodwork again ANYWAY, or hope our doctors will just freshen dates. I don't know how I feel about asking my doctor to do that, but our caseworker says that they do it all the time. A little sketchy to me, but if my doctor will, great. If she won't, I am ok with her having that integrity. If we have to do it again, we will.

The foster pup has certainly been adjusting well. She's a sweetheart. Princess Dixie is feeling a little bit put out. She's still number one baby girl. For now, that is :)


  1. Just wanted to say HELLO and welcome you to the world of Kyrygzstan adoption. We are with AO and waiting as well. I've added a link to your blog from mine - I like keeping up with other's journeys! Good luck and God Bless!

  2. I am so happy that things went so well for you!!! I hope and pray that they continue to go smoothly until the end ( or beginning of life with your new sweet baby!)!!!