Friday, August 7, 2009

Random ramblings....

Some things I've thought I needed to note for posterity:
(Though I have NO memory any more...especially with words, which drives me...what's the word? Umm...you know, not comfortable, ummm..frustrated...NUTS! That's it...NUTS!)
  • I can't believe I've broken down and done it but I have. I have used, a couple of times in the last few days, parking spaces designated for "Expectant Mothers" and I was very thankful for them. Mobility is increasingly becoming decreased and while I HATE that I'm using them, as I said, I'm so thankful they exist. Especially since that sadist chiropractor keeps aggravating my piriformus whatever and making me miserable.
  • Deciding on important things really makes my whole indecisiveness genes come out in full force. JUST when I think I know what cloth diapers I'm going to order, I see a review of another brand that leads me to another website that leads me to another brand that leads me back to option 1, and then I have a mess to think about. And deciding on a pediatrician? HOLY COW. There are a few in the area that people adore...but hate their staff. OR adore, but hate the staff and the waiting time in the office OR just don't like even though EVERYONE else loves them. OR seem to be *perfect* and so very highly recommended but a good 40 minute drive, which then makes one of my prime considerations of quick and easy access sort of moot. UGH...I'm hoping that in the next two weeks as I meet them, I'll just get that vibe...waiting time in an office is a concern because I don't want a kid any sicker than they already are, but I also understand that to have a good doctor who is willing to see you whenever you need them to, you have to wait. And really...what doctor is going to own up to long waiting times? SO...I'll just have to see what the next two weeks hold.
  • I think it really is amazing that a pregnant body really does have a mind of its own. I do not like chocolate. "Yes, mommy, you do," says my boy--and who am I to deny him? Crazy. 3 months ago the thought of a Krispy Kreme donut (something normally loved--but *NOT* when hot!) made me want to puke. Two days ago? I totally detoured across 3 lanes of fairly busy traffic (using the lights, of course) to get to the Krispy Kreme drive-thru, giggled with glee as I bought a dozen donuts (just for myself) and literally could not open that box fast enough. Since when can I eat a dozen donuts by myself in 2 days? Or am ALL over Chic Fil A chocolate milkshakes like they're going out of style. Chocolate.
  • Feeling a human being move around in your body is weird. Miraculous, yes...but weird nonetheless.
  • I don't think it is fair that there are SO many more cute girl things than there are boy things in stores. Yes, there are some really cute boy things out there. But let's be real...the infant clothing industry focuses VERY heavily on girls and not-so-much on boys. Maybe that's a good thing, though, because I could probably go bankrupt.
  • I am huge right now. SO huge I'd almost have a friend take a picture of me looking like I did the other day in a dressing room trying on a skirt just to prove it...but it was HORRIBLE! The PT lady said I gave new meaning to the word waddle? Yeah, well to look at me, you'd think I give new meaning to what one looks like when they swallow a yoga ball. The big size yoga ball. Too bad John isn't around for pictures, ha ha!
  • I've been super impressed with my coupon-ing ability--even in this little area. It's work to peruse the ads, but little savings add up and I get so excited! Sunday I got two bottles of my saline solution and a tube of toothpaste FREE after rebate--that's $14! Yesterday, I got 4 mondo-size boxes of Lucky Charms (they are not only Magically Delicious, they are a fabulous night time snack!) for $12 and some change at Giant. If you bought 4 boxes, at $4.99 each, you got $6 bucks back. PLUS, I had a coupon for $1.00 off two and the cashier was SO nice she scanned it TWICE since I bought 4! It was awesome. I know, I know...nothing like Maria's deals, but baby steps--that's what I'm saying. I also got several deals at CVS and ended up with $8 in the extra bucks, which I then applied to other sale stuff. It DOES add up.

Okay...enough rambling. All this talk about Lucky Charms has given me incentive to get off the sofa (which kills me to sit on, so it's never long anyway!) and have a snack.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you are suffering with your back so much. Why not switch over to an osteopath? Yep, that's what I do and since we are also physicians, you may get a more precise diagnosis and treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel so bad for your poor back!! No, you are not complaining...when you're in pain, you're in pain. I know it will be worth it in the end, but it still sucks now.

    As far as the parking spaces...take advantage! Heck, I have almost done it myself when we were in the adoption process! I thought, "well I am an expecting mother..." but thought I'd better leave it to those who actually needed to park closer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Lori. You use those preggers parking spaces!!! Or just pull up to the front door and scream in what you want. Seriously. You poor thing. Hope your back feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete