Sunday, August 23, 2009

You're a mover and a shaker!

I just got off the phone with daddy (before he's incommunicado for his Man vs. Wild extravaganza) to let him know that when he gets home, he'll be able to see my tummy move because you are kicking me. He's been waiting for that for months! I have been thinking it would be creepy...but I have to say that it didn't creep me out like I thought it would. You've definitely been kicking enough to seriously feel you, and even see *little* blips on my tummy...but just now, as I am on the sofa in the most comfortable (or least uncomfortable, if truth be told) position I can find, I see my stomach bouncing all over the place and find it kind of funny. Daddy said, "Kind of like Alien, huh?" and yes, that's sort of what I had been thinking, but not imagining you as an alien. He said it was cool, and probably made it seem more real like I was nurturing something real. Hmmm...I've been feeling like that for a LONG time, whether you moved or not! In fact, now that your brain is really in overdrive for development, mommy's working on your scholarship-getting skills by taking an even more amped DHA/EPA supplement. The bottle says it is great lemon-tasting flavored, but it fails to mention how OILY it is...but that's ok if it gives you more super brain cells!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you are really starting to flex your muscles and my bouncing belly is proof. I'm sorry daddy isn't here to see it, but I have no doubt that when he gets home, he'll be hawking my tummy to look for your karate.

No comments:

Post a Comment