Monday, February 11, 2008

School days, school days...la la la la la la

Tired. I am tired. Still feeling under the weather and the kids, as always, tire me out. I did, however, find out about some fabulous news today! Our school calendar has 5 snow days built in. If we don't use them, we get out 5 school days earlier! I was counting down until June 13, now I am looking for 5 days before that!! I hate, hate, hate snow anyway, but here's to NO SNOW DAYS!

Tomorrow is election day so no school (yippee) and I will be filling out and sending in the official contract for the baby (plus the mega dollars that go with that) and our home study. It's very sad that babies can be bought. It's good for all the babies that are wanted so much that people dole out the big bucks for them, but the sad part that goes with that is that there are lots of people who would be great parents and any baby would be lucky to have them--but they can't afford it. Heck, what am I saying? Who can afford it? It's certainly not like we have $30K just hanging out in accounts screaming, "Hey, we're not doing much today...how 'bout checking into a kid?" Anyway, some people who have the privilege of being parents really don't deserve it and others who really want kids sometimes just get screwed. Goes back to what I tell my kids every day, "Life's not fair." And it's not. For instance, I can't get this stupid spell check to work on this blog. So, if anything is misspelled, well, those of you who know me just need to have a good laugh at the irony of it all!

'Til next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment