Thursday, February 14, 2008

I had to jinx it...


Well the old saying about being better off sometimes not knowing something really rings true right now. TWO DAYS after I learn that if we don't have any snow days, we get out of school 5 days earlier and TA-DA! Snow day! For not much at all! I sooooooo wanted a late opening, but no, whole day wasted. To top it off, I didn't really get to enjoy the sleeping in part because I got up at 5:30 and the call didn't come until 5:44. I hadn't even looked out the window, so I was going about my business of getting ready for a day that included an observation, a Valentine's party and as always, that fun feeling that's similar to herding cats, when "Riiiiiinnnngggg, SMCPS are closed." The bad part about all this is that we actually have nice little breaks in February, spring break in March but NOTHING in April or May to really give us any regeneration break. I'm betting I will need this snow day in April! So, as I sit and watch the cheesiest daytime commercials EVER, I have to gather the motivation to make use of the day. Bookshelves, laundry, schoolwork (a teacher's work is never done), maybe even some Valentine's Day cookies. John and I don't really celebrate--ever since the first one where I got a plastic writing pen that said, " I (insert the shape of a heart, don't know how to do that) You" and a lovely plastic container of Hershey's Kisses (nice, maybe, for those who like chocolate) we decided that our relationship would probably work better if we didn't have that holiday in it. That's just fine with me, too, for real. I don't need any more events in my for which I have to orchestrate presents and feelings! My cup runneth over right now...

4 comments:

  1. You make a heart by using this code where html is allowed:

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh crap. It made a heart instead of giving you the code. This time I will put a space between each letter/symbol. When you copy and paste it, just remove the spaces. This is html for a heart:

    & h e a r t s ;

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check these out. I'm emailing you the codes.

    † ‡ ♠ ♣ ♥ ‾ ← ↑
    → ↓ ™
    — ¡ ¢ £
    ¤ ¥ ¦ §
    ¨ © ª « ¬
    ­ ® ¯ or &hibar; ° ±
    ² ³ ´ µ
    ¶ · ¸ ¹
    º » ¼ À
    Á Â Ã Ä
    Å Æ Ç È É Ê Ë Ì
    Í Î
    Ï Ð Ñ Ò
    Ó Ô
    Õ Ö × Ø
    Ù Ú Û Ü
    Ý Þ ß à
    á â ã ä
    å æ è é ê ë ì í
    î ï ð ñ ò ó ô
    õ ö ÷ ù ú û ü
    ý ÿ

    ReplyDelete