Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Interviews set!

Oh, how much time does it look like I have? An entire rambling post about grammar. Well, someone must fight for it, might as well take on the challenge!

However, I do have actual adoption news!! I spoke with our social worker today and scheduled our individual interviews for this Friday and our home visit for April 22. After that, she said 7-10 days for the report and the home study will be officially DONE! What a process! She is still waiting on Child Protective Services, however, so I can't get too puffed up as they tend to take 10-12 weeks by their own statements, and even longer by my own experiences. We are in the 8th week now, so hopefully by the home visit, it should be in and there will be no hang-ups.

It's my understanding that she sends the report directly to USCIS, and then I'm hoping 1-2 weeks for them to give us our approval. That's all we need to get our dossier documents finished up, authenticated and sent to Adoption ARK. From there, it's all in their hands and we wait. I'm serious--I know everyone says the waiting part is the hardest because at least when you are putting stuff together, you feel like you are doing something. I have to say that I don't think that will be the case for me because I KNOW I can find things to do while waiting! My life is just one big to-do list! Remind me to remember this post when months go by and still no word on anything. Remind me that I asked for not being able to do anything but wait. Remind me about the good old days of feeling as if I was working toward a goal. I'll need that. For today and the next month or two, though, just remind me that this part will be over soon!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your home study interviews are set finally!!! You are one step closer to your daughter. I completely agree with wanting my part of the responsibility for the adoption finished because it means the wait is not on me. Right now the only thing holding us up is me getting everything done, but once that dossier is off- the weight is off my shoulders. And the "wait" begins. I am sure it will be long and difficult but God's timing is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree... I just want to be waiting. I don't want to be stressing over what I still need to do or waiting on someone else to do something so that we can hurry up and WAIT. We don't even have our interviews or home visit scheduled and that is bugging me. I'm going to call next week and try to get those on the schedule so that like you I can atleast know WHEN we might be finished.

    ReplyDelete