Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Feeling weary...

What a day. I'm serious, school is literally sucking the life out of me. Second by second, minute by minute, hour by hour. I feel like I spend every day doing the exact same thing with the exact frustrations. I won't labor my point about being SO disenchanted with my current job, as I expect it's probably far more evident than I professionally should let it be. That said, when I am treated as a professional, I will worry a bit more about my professionalism. I'm so tired of the frustration, the drain and the basic lack of respect with which I deal. Worse, I am so tired of coming home every day and being the Grinch with John or having no energy to vacuum--and as those of you who know me know, vacuuming brings me such a sense of calm and I am too tired to even do that!!

That's it. Day's done. I'm home. And as I tell my kids every day, "Tomorrow's another day."

I emailed our caseworker because I was worried that the whole authentication process for our dossier had an extra step in it that I wasn't noticing from other states. Surprise, surprise--Maryland DOES have another way to make money. Throw another step in the whole process. Ally told me that Maryland is different from most states (have I mentioned that yet??) and that whereas most documents simply get notarized and then go to their state level for authentication, MARYLAND requires that documents are notarized. I then have to go to the clerk of the court for whatever county the notary was commissioned in and have them certified. THEN they can go to the state for authentication. So, we are going to make sure our notary was commissioned in St. Mary's county, because I do not want to have to travel all over this state to have documents certified. Remember that every document that is notarized, certified and authenticated costs around $5-10 EACH document EACH TIME! Our county has the highest per capita income in the state. Maryland is supposedly the richest state in the country. Our taxes are outrageous. All these little 'extra steps' that exist bring in even more money. WHERE IN THE HECK DOES THIS MONEY GO? It's a travesty. And that's all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment