Though this is obviously an appropriate post because it is Thanksgiving Day, it is a post I could make every single day....and full of things I will try to remember more on a daily basis.
- Your grace, mercy, faithfulness and salvation
- My husband--he's brilliant, hard-working, an incredible father and provider
- My precious, miraculous and stubborn little boy....I cannot wait to meet you
- My family--regardless of current relationship status, I know I am loved
- My friends--I am overwhelmed with people who care for me, worry about me and shower me with their attention and well-wishes
- My sweet Dixie Belle--though she is a PISTOL, she is a pistol full of snuggles and devotion
- My country--how I was blessed to be born here, I'll never know, but am eternally grateful for the blessing of America and her freedoms
- My "children"--every little boy and girl for whom I have had the privilege of being a part of his or her life has touched mine so deeply...
- People who are willing to sacrifice--whether it is for their faith, their convictions or their fellow human...realizing there is something more is so admirable
- Loved ones that I have lost...though I miss them terribly, I'm thankful for their part in my life
There are so many things I have to be thankful for this year...even as I sit waiting for Matthew to make his debut, and am admittedly a little nervous about what labor is going be like, I am thankful that I have had the blessing of pregnancy--something I basically thought was never going to happen. Mom and I were talking last night about how different this time of year is than we thought it would be. We never in our wildest dreams imagined that we wouldn't have a little baby girl eating her first Thanksgiving dinner with us and we certainly didn't imagine that we would be waiting for a chubby-cheeked little baby boy to decide he was going to come out after all.
Again, Lord, thank you for your many, many blessings.