Friday, November 27, 2009

Guess What? They want you to come out!!!

Well, I just got a phone call from the hospital. They want to know if I was interested in coming in 48 hours early to start the induction. Really???? Apparently the next few days are going to be busy, and while they would be glad to have me still come in on Monday, Dr. Shonekan was looking at folders and pulled a few she thought might be interested in coming in earlier....so, while I of course am shaking a little bit from the reality and anxiety of it all, John is all, "Let's do it!"

So, do it I guess we will. We go in tonight at 7 pm. They'll do the cervidil treatment, let me 'sleep' through the night (ha ha, I've heard the cramping doesn't lend itself to that much, but nice thoughts....) and start the Pitocin tomorrow. With any luck then, he'll be born November 28th or 29th.

Well, Matthew....guess we'll be meeting you soon! Can't wait!!!

15 comments:

  1. LORI -

    We will be sending you prayers and good karma your way!

    Bridget and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also - can I post something on the Kryg yahoo site for everyone on the list to do the same? It isn't my news to share, but I would guess a lot of folks on the site remember you and with you well today, tomorrow and foever.

    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I will be praying that all goes well and can't wait to see pictures of little Matthew!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ask them for an ambien. We always give it to our cervidils the night before we pit them. Good Luck Lori!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope it is not long before you get to hold your little Matthew!!

    Prayers & Best wishes...
    Adrienne in Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! Hope everything goes as you hoped. I'll keep checking back to see how things progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO EXCITED!! Can't wait to hear the good news!! We'll be saying prayers for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay!!! OUR THOUGHTS ARE WITH YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH MY GOODNESS. You are probably either in labor or have already delivered little man by this point. I'm off to check FB to see! Praying for you guys!!!

    Word verification: Putch as in "Putch your best efforts out there to deliver Matthew!!"

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts and prayers are with you and John.

    Lots Of Love,
    Shannon and Family

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lori and John,

    God be with you, now and always. The LaJoy family is filled with sorrow for you this night.

    There are no words...

    Much love,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lori,

    Please know that our hands are wrapped around you and John through this sad time.

    Mathew is in Heaven and a star in the sky.
    We look up and we talk to him. We love u soooo much and know we are here for you.
    Love
    US

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori,

    My prayers are with you and John during this heartbreaking time. I know that Matthew is perfect and safe with your mom in Heaven.

    With love,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lori,

    I know you don't know me, but I am praying for you with tears in my eyes right now. I learned of your story from a friend's blog (Holding On For The Ride), and I am just so sorry. May God lift you and John up as He holds Matthew for you.

    Adrienne
    www.our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Our prayers are with you and your entire family.

    ReplyDelete