Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ducky Dots and Fingerprints

Well, I can't believe it, but John and I actually agreed on a nursery set. There are TOO many to choose from. Period. And I am the type of gal that will continue to look (and torture myself) for a better/cuter deal even though I have already bought something and can't do anything about it. So, I had decided that I was going to just find something and decide. And look no more. Last night, while perusing the TOO many sets out there, I came to a site that had lots of little thumbnails. Unbeknownst to me, John was paying attention to what I clicked on and sort of gave me opinions--a grunt here, a raised eyebrow there. When I finally just asked him what he liked, I got the expected response--"How about fish? Or aquarium stuff?" After reminding him we were having a GIRL (I knew he was uninvolved in lots of the paperwork, but still... :) he told me he didn't really like the paisley, the flowers, the taffeta...you know, all the stuff I LOVE! So...knowing I was going to pick what I wanted ANYWAY, I clicked on a couple more. When one came up, all of a sudden he says, "I like that one." WHAT???? DONE! Because what preceded, "I like that," was me saying (mostly to myself) "Oh, isn't that sweet?" and the two of us coming close to liking the same things? Well, call the president! (Or not, as he has a few other issues to attend to these days) So...here's what Emma's room will look like:


John will put chair rail under the border, and crown moulding and wainscoting as well. We (again, the royal 'we') decided to get a convertible crib in white anyway, so it works out perfectly! SOOOOOO loving Ducky Dots!

As far as fingerprints....I heard this song on the way to work this morning and thought of all the babies out there waiting for their mommies. I also thought of all the mommies waiting for their babies...and was reminded that God has been with Emma (and so many others) from her start...and when I finally get to see her, I will be honored and blessed to see the fingerprints of God...
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know it's true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

Never has there been and never again
Will there be another you
Fashioned by God's hand
And perfectly planned
To be just who you are
And what He's been creating
Since the first beat of your heart
Is a living breathing priceless work of art and...

Just look at you
You're a wonder in the making
Oh, and God's not through, no
In fact, He's just getting started...

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful bedding!!! Picking out ours wasn't as easy :)
    -jes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Ducky Dots! It's so classic cute BABY and it's nice because it has a lot of accessory items. Can't wait to see your completed nursery!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ADORABLE... yeah... and how fun...

    and about camping... I used to love it, but after our last camping trip a few months ago.. I found myself questioning why I liked it??? it was nasty, hot and gross... and that's supposed to be a vacation???!! Phil and I laid in our tent (and it is HUGE and nice, but no AC :-)) and laughed about how stupid it was to be out their dying when our home is nice, comfy and cool!!! :-)
    how are the first few weeks of school going for you???

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nursery set is sooooooooo cute!! I am glad that you and John agreed on it...that is quite an accomplishment :) I know we had a hard time agreeing on baby stuff...

    ReplyDelete