Monday, August 25, 2008

The Latest and Greatest...

From our caseworker on Friday:

Your dossier was received this week by Adoption ARK.

WOOHOO!

8/22 a copy of your dossier was sent to the translator. This process will take between 2-3 weeks.


Once your dossier has been translated I will process the translations and have them legalized.

Then I will organize them with the original documents and copies for submission to the Embassy.

This process can take 1-2 weeks.


Then I will send the dossier to Carol Fredericks in Washington DC . She will take your dossier to the US State Department for authentication.

I assume this is someone with a courier service...

Depending on how many documents she has that day – it can take between 3-5 business days to complete that process.

When she gets your documents back she will make the necessary copies of the authentications and attach them to the copies of your dossier.

God love her because making the copies was a big, fat PAIN!

Then Carol will take your dossier to the Kyrgyz Embassy and submit it.

The Embassy has not indicated how long they will take to process dossiers. In the past it has been between 1 week and a 1 month. If your dossier is not released after 1 month we will personally call the Embassy and inquire as to its status.

Here's hoping the Kyrgyz community candle vigil last night makes a difference! I was in!

I cannot tell you (okay, probably anyone interested in reading this totally knows!) how wonderful it feels to have that dossier OUT OF MY HANDS! I have an appointment with my new doctor tomorrow to introduce myself and my needs, as well as have a physical. Hopefully, this will help with the new medical certification I know I will need, as mine expires November 12. So, it just seems that I will now just be on updating document watch, which is a lot easier than the whole shabang! Unless you are John, and then it's all a breeze. (Ha ha, just kidding! Sorta.)

I had to go camping this weekend because I felt I owed him since I get to go to Pensacola on Friday for a long weekend with dear friends. It would be wonderful if we could go together, but my ticket is already an arm and a leg (or a nursery bedding set) so we feel pretty guilty about spending. The girls try to get together at least once a year, and this year, it was Pensacola! Maybe next year we'll have to think about a weekend that's NOT a holiday, though prices didn't seem to change much for other weekends either, so... Anyway--I am not a camper. I don't like it. I'm allergic to every flipping thing out there. I HATE porta-potties. I get such little sleep as it is, I hate a planned bad night of sleep (and really, how can sleeping in the woods in a tent be anything but?) I'm all about doing a wilderness-y thing during the day, but I don't see why a nice little trip to the local hotel (and shower, bed, food, tv, air conditioning, etc.) at the end of the day can't be part of the plan. In any event, John and I have been married for over 11 years, and this was the first time we camped, so...I guess I'm not doing too bad since I married Paul Bunyan, and he lives for that! When Emma comes, we'll camp. We'll just camp a little bit more girly. Like in an RV. Or in the living room. Coffee table tents, anyone?

4 comments:

  1. YAYYAYYAY on the dossier. What a load off, huh??? And, as far as camping -- again, we are obviously twins. I don't camp. I don't like the showers, bugs, dirt, washing dishes in a pan, bug spray, ANY of it. Well, I like smores, but I can make those without leaving the kitchen. Have fun -- glad it's you and not me. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're still basking in the post-dossier submission glee. Enjoy it! I'm back to stressing a bit now because it's been 4 weeks since she received our dossier and it is still being translated.
    :(

    And just FYI... I LOVE camping but unfortunately it's really hard for us to take this many kiddies camping. We do have a BIG nice tent though but we haven't been camping since in 5 years which was when we only had 3 children. Maybe someday when they are older we can do it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I an totally not a camper either but,I love it when the boys go so the girls can have a girls night. I too am in Happyland by getting that dossier out!Yay we are on the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Lori. I know that you have been working so hard to get to this point. The hard part is done...well the work part anyway. Waiting is a part of the course for all mothers to be and now you can begin the official count down to baby Emma's arrival. You are one huge step closer to Emma.

    As for campling ...it is okay, but not really my favorite. I much prefer a cabin in the woods. I like to hike and explore nature I just don't feel the need to be ONE with nature!

    ReplyDelete