Saturday, March 1, 2008

Chugging along

Well, I had the first of I hope not many adoption scares this week. I got an email from someone going through the similar process. The email said that there was hold on the Kyrgz program for baby girls with most agencies, including my own. Talk about freaking out. I was at school, and thank God my kids were in specials because I called our caseworker, emailed her, called again, emailed again...cried some, then emailed again. When I got home (3 hours later) I immediately called again and got in touch with her. She assured me that we were on target, things were fine, etc. I get the feel that they aren't really worried about us right now because we are still in the homestudy process so we have some time for the issues with the program to get worked out. That is just fine with me. I just want to make sure that when we ARE ready, we're on target. I still feel that way, and that's all I am concerned about.

My principal wrote a very lovely letter of reference, and I got goosebumps as I read it. Just reading these things makes the whole process seem so much more real. I know several friends have gotten their reference letter as well, and it's sort of frustrating that John goes on the boat for a week because that's a week we lose in him getting things only he can do done. I guess the lesson God is teaching me through all this is patience. Funny how He knows what I need to work on anyway, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment